Re: [RC] elevator ride thoughts - Ed & Wendy Hauser

"....I've never understood (or agreed with what I've been told) the reason for not allowing the bonus points for someone who elevated.  They pay the same amount of money; they cover the same trail; they do everything exactly the same as the other endurance riders.  Why wouldn't they get the same points...."

I asked a similar question earlier in this thread.  Heidi answered about issues of fairness etc.  This got me to thinking.  If elevator rides were common, and if an elevated person got all the placings etc., then all kinds of mind games could be played.  I am thinking mostly about local or regional point standings at the end of a ride year.  Often in these races for points, everyone knows exactly where they have to place in the final race (Called the "Point Chaser" in MN) or two to win what year end award.  If this race were to be an elevator with full points, there could be lots of games played by persons who were only pretending not to be doing the longer distance.

Those who made the rule were thinking when they made it.

Ed
Ed & Wendy Hauser
2994 Mittower Road
Victor, MT 59875