Re: [RC] rattlesnakes - Lynn Kinsky

Title: Re: [RC] rattlesnakes
In a message dated 9/26/2004 8:28:31 AM Pacific Standard Time, robertscaudle@xxxxxxxxx writes:
People are not in their diet--too
big--so they don't really try to "go after" you

A few years ago I was riding with friends through an area of short dead grass. We suddenly heard a rattler and quickly turned our horses around to leave and I saw the rattlesnake become airborne as it came after one of the horses. It looked like a rope going through the air. It connected with the bottom of my friend's horse's hoof... no damage done. But it was one aggressive snake.

Bonnie
So. Calif.

I was leaving a ridecamp north of here a few months ago and saw a rattler reared up on its tail like a cobra, ready to take on the RV I was following!  It struck at the RV's back wheel  -- definitely more agressive than any snake I'd ever seen!
--

Lynn Kinsky, Santa Ynez, CA
http://www.silcom.com/~lkinsky/