[RC] BOA horse boots/easyboots - beth glover

Hi Ridecampers; Yesterday I was reading the new Equus for February, on page 76, there is an ad for Boa Horse boots. their website is www.boahorseboot.com   . They are made by the people who make Easy boots. They look nice. Except I wonder if they come up high on the hoof and may rub the fur. hmm. They say they are going on sale on February 1.   I have easy boots, but haven't used them much. They will fit the horse good when barefoot, but over her shoe, I can't fit them, so I can't practice. I am not gonna buy another set to fit over the shoe, and one set to fit if the shoe falls off. Maybe when the shoer comes and pulls the shoes, I will try them in between that time and when he puts the new shoes back on.  I wish someone who was an expert in these things, would have an Easyboot clinic, in which I could bring my own horse, and we could learn how to put them on and foam them and stuff, with a hand's on instructor. I bet a lot o f people would come to such a class.  It's kind of hard, when you don't know something like that, to go and practice it on horses that also don't know anything about it, and hope that you don't wind up with horses running wild shaking their panicky legs whilst you spit the dirt out of your mouth.   I wonder if anyone has any other info to share about those boa boots because they sure look easier to put on. I think they go on somewhat like ski boots onto people.

Beth

There are now three new levels of MSN Hotmail Extra Storage! Learn more. =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= Ridecamp is a service of Endurance Net, http://www.endurance.net. Information, Policy, Disclaimer: http://www.endurance.net/Ridecamp Subscribe/Unsubscribe http://www.endurance.net/ridecamp/logon.asp Ride Long and Ride Safe!! =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=