[RC] weird letter - sandy . l . holder

I work at one of the 'final 4' accounting/consulting firms (your guess on which one would probably be pretty good if you look at my e-mail address); anyway, we of course get the 'weird letters' occasionally and of course, a couple of years ago, when I'd been her for all of two days, I received one.  Upon asking 'how to respond', I received a call from our Washington National office (boy did THAT perk me up for the day).  Anyway, they pursue these FRAUDULENT e-mails very seriously (as I found out - insert that I was pretty overwhelmed by their response).  So, if you get any of these types of e-mails, based on my personal experience, #1) do NOT respond to the e-mail, AT ALL - not even to say they're a low life. . . (you get the picture), #2). if you're at a company, particularly a large company, refer it to your security division/services/ etc.  OR if you're not at a large co., you can block any future e-mails by filtering! incoming messages (ok, so don't ask me how to do this, but my 20 year old daughter knows how).

Sorry for a lengthy message but just wanted to let you know that I'd had personal experience with this sort of thing.

Sandy
p.s. I'm on my lunch hour checking e-mails, so this may be an 'old' subject