Re: [RC] Horse movies - Susan Young

I'm a little confused about "realistic" shoeing "of the times" in re: to Lord of the Rings.  At any rate...in the first movie, Gandalf used a tack rope.  I also wonder if the bridle wasn't digitally removed in the subsequent movies.  Also, aren't the Elves supposed be "ONE" with the earth and animals?  Why, then, do the Elves use tack?

No big...just curious.

Going on...have you seen the latest Tomb Raider movie?  There's a scene where Angelina is riding sidesaddle...COOL SHOT!  There's a few of us practicing our sidesaddle mounted shooting.  I'm going to use it next season to keep everyone behind me...! LOL!

patty bass <p_bass@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
and i noticed the feet and shoeing of the horses in the army. very realistid of the times. horrible to todays standards but realistic. there were a few closeup shots. anyone else notice?

Susan [Young], The Princess of Pink
Semper Obliquo (Always aside)

Glenndale Grace Farm, Ft Gibson, Oklahoma U.S.A.

"Ride on! Rough-shod if need be, smooth-shod if that will do, but ride on! Ride on over all obstacles, and win the race!" - Charles Dickens (1812-1870)