From: Sonshine575@xxxxxx
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC]   weird letter
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 21:56:20 EST

Anybody else get the following strange letter?  Sounds like a scam to me.
CAtheirne

Goodday,
My name is Paul Adamu a staff of the CITIZEN INTERNATIONAL BANK PLC. As one
of the auditors of the bank, I discovered an account with the sum of
US$25,800,000.00. (TWENTYFIVE MILLION EIGHT HUNDRED THOUSAND US. DOLLARS) that has been
abandoned and unserviced for more than ten years belonging to one of our
customer. Our banking law stipulates that if such account remaim unserviced and the
fund unclaimed for twelve years, the money will be confiscated and go into
the bank revenue as an unclaimed fund.
It is upon this discovering my colleaque and I who knows about it decided to
make our secret and personal inquiries about the account owner (depositor) and
the next of kin, but sadly, he died with his entire family in a plane crash
in 1997. We solicit that you stand as the next of kin so that the money will be
transfered to your account or any other account you may provide for us. We
proposed that the money be shared as follows, 30% for you, 65% for my colleaque
and I, 5% will be for any expences we may incure.
please, could you urgently notify me of your acceptance to assist in this
trasaction, I shall inturn provide you with all necessary information about the
account and the modalities for a formal application to secure the claim and the
immediate transfer of the fund to your account or any other account you may
provide for us.
I believe you do understand the confidential nature of this transaction and
hope you will be honest and trustworthy in this transaction. Please forward
your reply to the below email address.
padamu77@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Best regards,
Paul Adamu.