[RC] Black Stallion Imax - beth glover

Hi ! Yesterday we went to the IMAX theater to see "The Young Black Stallion".  It was a beautiful movie. Very nice filming. I should go to IMAX's more than once a decade.  I wonder where those horses came from. I wonder if anyone knows?   I liked the Chestnut that was ridden by the villain, the best.

 We were sitting there, and my husband, who manufactures specialty lightbulbs was all pumped because that was his light bulb in the projection booth. He tells the ticket takers and they don't know what the heck he is talking about. "I finally got my lightbulbs in here!", "Oh". ha ha ha.

 But he was all bothered because the projection filters were dirty and we kept seeing specks on the screen. I was all bothered, because a non-pregnant grey mare, laid down and had a black foal in one second. "Grey, black. hmmm. What are the genetics of that. Nobody even knew she was pregnant, and there had to be another black stallion around to sire that foal, and nobody mentioned that either. Why didn't they use chestnut?" hmmm, I kept my mouth shut though. We were both bothered by the long distance they were galloping up and down hills. Even my kids said, "Dang, that's a steep hill that they are running up mom".  I told them. "Don't you go jumping on the mares at home with no bridle, and don't you run them up a hill like that". They rolled their eyes at me.  My husband thinks that they tilted the camera for the downhill galloping sequence with the girl, because he says that the stirrups were not far forward enough for her to actually be going down that steep. It's hard to say. We are probably not fun to go to the movies with, because any time there is a scene with an airplane, my husband will dispute it, and I will notice any problems with medical and horse scenes and we drive our kids out of their minds!

Plus that movie cost us $42, plus $15 for parking.

But I'd give it a thumbs up.

Beth Glover

Let the new MSN Premium Internet Software make the most of your high-speed experience. =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= Ridecamp is a service of Endurance Net, http://www.endurance.net. Information, Policy, Disclaimer: http://www.endurance.net/Ridecamp Subscribe/Unsubscribe http://www.endurance.net/ridecamp/logon.asp Ride Long and Ride Safe!! =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=