Re: [RC] Triple Crown - abigail Madden

Interesting concept.  However, those rides are held in California, Nevada, and Wyoming.  So I'm not sure what you meant by "coast to coast."  If you were going to make some sort of endurance triple crown I'd say you'd need to include rides that are not only difficult in terms of terrain (i.e. rocky, sandy, muddy), but also climate (i.e. hot/dry, hot/humid, cold/brrr).  Anyway, that's my .02.

abigail
Chico, CA

OTTOWY@xxxxxxx wrote:
I will probably catch huge flack for this.  However, I think a triple crown
should include three of the toughest 100's in the country.

The Tevis: because it has been running the longest
The Big Horn 100 : because it has by far the hardest trail, and if you don't believe me Ride it!Virginia City 100 - Heat and Humidity can be a killer.

they are also coast to coast.  This I fell would constitute a real triple crown.

What do you think?

Patti