Re: [RC] Rodent Dispatching and cruelty...... not a good comparison - gary affleck

Yep, Funny reminds me of the time I was out on the baseball field smashing  a golpher with a baseball bat.  Some  mom came up and said how cruel.  I said tell me that after your kid blows out a knee running down a ball and steps in one of these holes.  Nuf    said......Smiley emoticon G
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, September 23, 2004 6:01 PM
Subject: [RC] Rodent Dispatching and cruelty...... not a good comparison

It is very difficult to kill a possum.  Had to buy my first weapon, a 22 rifle, for that purpose.  The possum was fighting my dog for the dog food.  So just what is so cruel about defending one's property??????  I doubt that those chickens felt very nice being pulled apart.   I have lost a lot of chickens to raccooms and possums, not to mention coyotes.  Oh, yeah, the mice they don't eat much but can run up your arm when scooping for grain and also carry some nasty diseases.  When the damn things ate some horse tack, that meant war.  An old friend told me that rats like EX LAX.  We had rats in our office in Baghdad. He said they used to put it out yrs ago at a grainery where he worked.  Seems the EX LAX gives them diarrhea which makes them thirsty and dehydrated and they go outside looking for water and die.  Now it won't work during the rainy season and you have to have no water supply in the area.   Just some of my experiences.  Oh, the new replacements did not worry about the rats but when I left it was there problem.  The damn thing got on my desk and ate my jalapena cheese package.... which was a highly valued commodity.    Mary Ann