Re: [RC] over populated 'crappy' horses-example - Susan Young

Mel,

I'm reminded of words of wisdom from my Daddy:

"Never argue with a fool because then there are two fools arguing!"

You can't educate those who won't be educated.  Bless you for trying!  I too know a man who has stallions and mares and breeds them.  Nothing is registered and his stock is the mother of "crappy" horses!  He's always asking me about endurance and I've always been blunt.  I tell him his horses would break down withing the first year of conditioning because of poor confirmation.  He thinks me a snob too.  Fine!  I'm a snob with 2 fantastic endurance horses...both registered geldings.

I'm really enjoying this thread and already KNOW I understand very little of confirmation and what traits are passed down from the mare and from the sire.  THAT knowledge is my saving grace.  I'll stay out of the breeders' arena.  And, although I've started and trained a number of horses, I'll stay out of the REAL trainers' arena too.  What I know about training can be written on a little piece of paper and sent to the inner city.

So, y'all preach on!  I'm listening and learning.

Mel Copeland <brio_gal@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
This thread is very interesting. I would like to share what I feel is a
stunning example of irresponsible breeding -

I could go on and on. But of course these people are not seeking out
info or trying to learn better horsemanship. Most of them already know it
all or have a friend or family member who does.

Susan [Young], The Wicked Princess of Pink
Semper Obliquo (Always aside)

Glenndale Grace Farm, Ft Gibson, Oklahoma U.S.A.

"Ride on! Rough-shod if need be, smooth-shod if that will do, but ride on! Ride on over all obstacles, and win the race!" - Charles Dickens (1812-1870)