Re: [RC] cubed hay - Magnumsmom

There are horses in places like Hawaii who eat nothing
but cubed hay.  Places where bales of hay are hard to
come by.  I've also heard of horses in Alaska being fed
cubes.  AND, just to be fair, the only horse I've heard
of who had Botulism got it from a regular old 3 string
hay bale in CA.  I'd pick the alfalfa / grass mix if it's
less than 50% alfalfa.  Else the straight grass and mix
some alfalfa cubes in.  I personally don't have a problem
with feeding cubed hay if that's your best option.
Hope this helps,

:) - Kathy Myers
in Santa Fe, NM