[RC] [RC] ? Anyone who went to the AHA Reg 14 CTR @ Scioto - Deanna German

Were any of you at the IAHA Region 14 CTR held at Scioto last weekend?

If so, would you please share information about the trail conditions
there.  How was the ride paced and what did you think about the pace
on those trails?  Are those trails nice for trotting / cantering on?

Jon did a fine job of answering your question about trails. I'm the one who
set the pace for last weekend's CTR, but I won't be in charge of the
National CTR (that would be Mollie Krumlaw-Smith). I set the pace at approx.
5.5 to 6.5 mph and think I could have speeded it up some for the trails that
ended up being used and the condition that they were in, but that's
hindsight. I won't second guess the management for the National, but AHA
rules allow for up to a 7 mph pace so if I were riding, I'd count on it
being right up against the speed limit. :-)))

I think the Scioto Trails are the best in the region. They offer some
challenges without being dangerous and hold up well to the weather. My guess
is that there will be some challenging trail used, and if Mollie sees your
post, she can speak to that if she wishes. Yes, you can move out in places
there, but you have to ride smart. This is a technical thinking-person and
thinking-horse type of trail, not an autopilot motor speedway. Perfect for a
championship ride.

The fall colors should be in their full glory by the second weekend in
October and there are some tremendous views from the tops of the ridges.
It's the perfect time for a ride in southern Ohio. Ride management is
top-notch, the vet is top-notch and you have a trail master extraordinaire.
It doesn't get much better.

Enjoy!

Deanna