Re: [RC] ? Anyone who went to the IAHA Reg 14 CTR @ Scioto - Jon . Linderman

Well as the Trail Master for both the Region XIV riders this year and Ntl
Championship ride I'l gladly fill you in on Scioto, past weekend and
future.  Its my stomping grounds as well.

It rained alot from Thursday night until 4:30 Friday afternoon.  The trails
I had planned to use had to be re-routed, unfortunately to more gravel than
I'd like, but given the choice between tearing up horses and trails on
slippery hills or using more gravel, we opted for gravel.  I will say that
I re-routed again Saturday evening to give back some trails for Sunday.
They dry quickly.  All I need is 2 decent days of dry weather & we can run
anywhereout there.  Prior to Ivan's arrival my biggest concern was that the
creeks were all dry & I was expecting have many water stations to fill.

As of now, if no rain comes by Thursday the day before the ride we'll have
awesome trails to ride.  There will be some long steep climbs for sure & a
section we rarely use to add mileage for the national championship that'll
be challenging & scenic.  IF we have dry weather there will be about 6
miles of gravel roads each day.

Jon

                     Ridecamp Guest

                     <guest-owner@xxxxxxxx        To:
<ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                     rance.net>                   cc:

                     Sent by:                     Subject:  [RC]   ? Anyone
who went to the IAHA Reg 14 CTR @ Scioto
                     ridecamp-owner@xxxxxx

                     durance.net

                     09/21/2004 09:58 AM

Please Reply to: Marlene Buttrey saundersrebe@xxxxxxxxx or
ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Inquiring minds want to know :-)

Were any of you at the IAHA Region 14 CTR held at Scioto last weekend?

If so, would you please share information about the trail conditions
there.  How was the ride paced and what did you think about the pace
on those trails?  Are those trails nice for trotting / cantering on?

The IAHA National Championship ride will be held there mid October
and Delight and I are entered and I'm excited about the prospect. I
greatly appreciate any information that you would be willing to
share.

Thanks,

Marlene Buttrey and equine partner Copperhill Delight