[RC] Early Gelding - melanie . o

I recently heard that Dr. Miller (of the imprint training fame) has been gelding colts 2-3 days after birth before their testicles go back inside their bodies.  Apparently, it's much easier on their systems and they heal up significantly faster.  It's also better for their well-being as they never seem to miss what they didn't know they have.  There are other scientific reasons too involving hormone generation and bone growth, but it's too late for me to dredge that up.  A google search should produce the paper that he published a couple years ago on the subject.

mel