[RC] splat - Agilbxr

You know, if you land in a mud puddle, it kind of cushions the fall a bit...

Was out riding by myself on a beautiful Sat afternoon, walking along on a very
familiar trail made different by a few hurricanes, when I came to our normal
creek crossing. I had to duck under a bunch of low hanging bushes, then you get
to the creek where you can sit up and cross without a problem usually.  Alpine
and I got to the creek, and I sat up to cross, when "whoosh"  something grabbed
me by the neck (literally) and dragged me off the back of my horse.  All I
remember thinking was "Sh*t, I'm going to come off!".

Well, it appears that the recent wind had caused a huge vine to come down into
the trail, and I was busy ducking so I didn't see it.  It caught me by the
throat and pulled me off the back of the horse.  I landed flat on my back in a
mud puddle.  Poor Alpine, he stood there and you could see him thinking "I
didn't do it!!!!!!!".  Luckily, he didn't go anywhere, and I wasn't hurt
(except for that pride thing).  After picking myself up out of the mud and
determining nothing was permantly broke, I climbed back on my horse (I love my
short horse....), and off we went.  Al was spooky for the rest of the ride....

So here I sit today with a sore back and neck, some interesting bruises, and a
twisted knee, but able to get up and go riding should I care too.  And I'm
saying "thank you mud puddle, thank you helmet, thank you safety cages, and
most of all, thank you Alpine"  It's always interesting what you learn every
time you fall off.  This weekend, it was, watch for low hanging vines...

Juli and Alpine (she's not supposed to fall off unless I DO something)