Re: [RC] trying new things DM pad and equipedic - Wrecksduke

If you read the directions for the Equipedic pad, it strongly suggests that you check/tighten your girth after the pad has had a chance to warm up.  The special tempurpedic (sp?) pad inserts will compress a little more after they are warmed up.

Perhaps those folks buying used pads were not adequately informed about this.

We have been using the Equipedic pads for over a year (at 2003 Pan Ams and at 2004 Tevis - both completed).  We are really happy with our pads.  Have not noticed them slipping more then the skitos did..... and we have some pretty steep climbs in the Angeles Crest.

Melody