Re: [RC] Tennessee Hurricane - Chris Paus

LOL.. I used to feel that way until I realized what I
had was a serious case of generator envy! tee hee...

I did have a generator on my RV, the one that
burned... I've been generator-less all summer. Just
got a trailer with AC, but am waiting on the generator
to arrive, so I'll be down at El Dorado KS this
weekend for a CTR in 96 degree heat with no AC.

I asked people before I got my camp all set up if the
generator would bother them. I don't know whether they
were just being polite or what, but so far, everyone
has told me to go ahead and use the generator and
enjoy some comfort.

The only time I left it running all day was when I had
my dog with me and she needed the AC. I couldn't leave
windows open because she has a penchant for tearing
off screens, leaping out and coming to look for me.

With my new old trailer, the windows are high enough
up that she shouldn't be able to do that.

chris
--- "Dana B." <ddbpaso@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Angie> wrote:

Had a generator for a while. It was in the way all
the time and when it
was cranked I had flashbacks to enjoying the great
outdoors at an
endurance ride, the sound of birds, horses neighing,
friends calling out
and waving and then some person who forgets it's
called "camping" and
wants to watch TV and use their microwave starts up
a generator not just
to cook breakfast, or take an afternoon nap, but all
day and all night
and it sounds like when your next door neighbor is
mowing past the window
of your house...only the mower never gets farther
away and you picture
them putting their mower out of gear and getting off
to move a tree limb
or something, but they never get back on it and the
mower is running in
one place right by *you*.

Oh yes, that is *exactly* how it feels!

I guess I've been lucky, as I've never camped next
to anyone with a generator until my last ride.  Wow!
 What a shocker!  All afternoon long....I couldn't
take it.  All I wanted to do was relax at camp after
the ride, and instead I had to run away.  At least
it didn't seem to bother the horses ;-p

Dana

ddbpaso@xxxxxxxxx
protection around
http://mail.yahoo.com

=====
"A good horse makes short miles," George Eliot

Chris and Star

BayRab Acres
http://pages.prodigy.net/paus