[RC] Elevator Rides yes bring them back... - Mary Ann Spencer

When I first started... a long time ago... it was a good incentive to be able to elevate to the next higher ride...ie from 25 or 30 to 50.  In the past when I was young, it was extremely difficult to get in the riding time and many things were sacrificed... I still have those bad habits...ie house cleaning.. BUT, one doesn't always know 'if' one can do a fifty, where as a 25 is not so bad.  Unfortunately, my energy level has a tendency to give out, especially in the heat and humidity and after I became a heat casualty.   There are SO MANY variables in this sport that on any one day, any one of them can do you in.  Now a concern is whether I can finish, not whether the horse can.  Getting older is not for the faint of heart.

                                                 Mary Ann