[RC] RC] Tennessee Hurricane - rides2far

Husband  works for the power company so I won't have a husband for a
few days >  either.

And you don't have a generator?

Husband works for Electric Power Board of Chattanooga (has been on duty
for 36 hrs straight now). House is on Georgia Power. EPB has more trouble
since they try to leave the pretty trees that aren't actually touching
lines. Georgia Power learned their clearing tactics from General Sherman
and cut such a 40' swath to either side of all lines after the blizzard
in 93 that this is the first outtage we've had since then.

Had a generator for a while. It was in the way all the time and when it
was cranked I had flashbacks to enjoying the great outdoors at an
endurance ride, the sound of birds, horses neighing, friends calling out
and waving and then some person who forgets it's called "camping" and
wants to watch TV and use their microwave starts up a generator not just
to cook breakfast, or take an afternoon nap, but all day and all night
and it sounds like when your next door neighbor is mowing past the window
of  your house...only the mower never gets farther away and you picture
them putting their mower out of gear and getting off to move a tree limb
or something, but they never get back on it and the mower is running in
one place right by *you*. It's happened so many times at rides that
having that generator right there within my power and the *right* to cut
the noisy thing off and enjoy the silence made having it pretty useless.

P.S. Let's hear it for Georgia Power. The lights just came on, everything
in the freezer is thawed and it's time to cook it.  Fried chicken, &
broccoli casserole for supper and a stove to cook it on! Ya'll come

P.P.S.S. Never mind, the run off has worked its way down the mountains
and the big creeks have taken over fields, have covered my road (named
Creek road for good reason) and it'll take a boat to get around for a few
days. On a good note, the horses are toting so much mud in their shoes
they're getting conditioned just walking around.

Angie

Get your name as your email address.