Re: [RC] elevator rides - Truman Prevatt

While on paper it seems that maybe a 75 step would help, in reality I'm not sure it does. To me the 100 is as much a mental challenge as a physical challenge. I always look at a 100  as X more miles to the next check. I never allow myself to calculate the distance till the end until about the last 15 or 20 miles when it is pretty much down hill. Sixteen more miles, 14 more miles, 11 and  9 more miles to go is a hell of a lot easier to think about on the last 50 miles than startng out say ah ha.............only 50 more miles to go.

If a person is dedicated to doing a 100 they can always enter a 100 fully aware that if things aren't going right they can pull at 75 miles, or 60 miles, at 80 miles - whatever. If you are truly committed to doing a 100 and don't make it on your first try so what. There is always another ride.

Truman

heidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I would love to see more elevator rides.  I'm just ready to consider the
possibility of a 75 with maybe 100's in a couple years, but either
having more 75's and elevators to 75 and 100 would help my mental
concerns a lot.  The nearest elevator to me is held early spring and
we're just getting close to getting back to 50's after our winter (CO)
at that point.  So here's my vote for more elevators!  If I can work
things out to put on a ride near me, I will definitely consider that as
well.

I DO think that having more 75s is a big help.  It is nice to have a
"step" between 50 and 100 when one is trying to get geared up for 100s.
But too often if 75s and 100s are offered at the same event, both end up
with too few entries.  Hard to strike a balance there....

Heidi

--
"It is necessary to be noble, and yet take humility as a basis

   "It is necessary to be noble, and yet take humility as a basis.

    It is necessary to be exalted, and yet take modesty as a foundation."