Re: [RC] Bask for endurance - Chris Paus

NOPE. Sorry. Bask did not descend from WitezII. Bask
was a son of WITRAZ who was a brother to WitezII.

A lot of people make that mistake and confuse Witraz
and Witez. Same sire, Ofir, different dams. Bask was
owned by Gene LaCroix (ahem....)

The third son  of Ofir was Wielki Szlem. If you are
into Polish Arabs, having the 3 W's in one pedigree is
a big deal.

chris
--- Mary Ann Spencer <maryann.spencer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Rode a Bask grandaugher for 10 yrs.  Were not able
to do as much endurance as wanted but nothing to do
with the horse.  She did a 50 miler at age 15.  BTW,
she did all of this 'barefoot' including riding in
NC and doing a 25 miler at Biltmore where they
frowned at us for being barefoot.  At age 18 she is
now being ridden by a young teenager who bought her
3 yrs ago.  I had to sell her due to a broken leg
and shoulder, not from her.  I am now starting her
daughter who was imprinted and played with from the
get-go.  I can saddle that filly without her being
tied up.

Bask was the line most wanted 20 yrs ago and I see
no reason for not wanting it now.  Do a search and
you will see that Bask lines have done well in show
and performance...in my opinion, one of the few
lines to do both.  You may be overwhelmed with
replies to this.  Bask lines stem from the WitezII
lines.  There is a book about WitezII:  AND MILES TO
GO.  Check the papers of the parents if you can.
Why wasn\t he already registered?  Registration now
will be a bit pricey but might be worth it,
depending on what you plan to do, ie sign up for the
Arabian specials which to me are still expensive
for what you get in return but I have not fully
checked all that out since being out of country for
over a yr.

HOWEVER, not all horses out of 'good' lines are good
and suitable for performance, etc.  Most people get
a vet evaluation.  Always good to have another horse
friend to look who is not emotionally involved with
the purchase.  Good luck and happy trails.  Mary Ann

=====
"A good horse makes short miles," George Eliot

Chris and Star

BayRab Acres
http://pages.prodigy.net/paus