[RC] Possible Relocation to WY - Val Nicoson

Although it's not for certain yet there is a good
possibility that we could relocate to Casper WY.  We
are from the Midwest where there's plenty of green
grass.  My husband was interviewed and he got a chance
to look around and of course the pastures aren't what
we are used to.
Questions we have are--
What is the ratio of acreage to horses?
What type of horse shelter is best?  Is a 3-sided
lean-to OK or an enclosed barn?
Will we likely need to feed hay year round?
What kind of hay is most available/best to feed in
that region?
Should I bring some of our current hay to assist our
one horse with the changeover to different hay that is
out there?  Approx how many bales would be best?
(talking average size hand-liftable bales).
We are looking at not bringing the horse out until
Springtime as perhaps that would be a better time to
move her?  vs  Moving right before winter?
Human Housing Questions--
Should we look for a place with a basement or does it
matter?
Is a fireplace recommended or doesn't matter?
Noticed lots of trailers/modulars available for
sale...any thoughts on these?  (we'd prefer a stick
built home of course)
Anything we should note in the way of acreage and/or
home site that would help us determine whether or not
it is a good location?  (hilltop vs side of hill vs on
the flat or valley-type location)
Feel free to reply to me privately to avoid cluttering
up RC with this off-topic subject.  If you are
familiar with this portion of WY, or any other region
that may of similar nature/conditions, feel free to
give us your comments, opinions, etc.

Thanks much...trying to get prepared in advance :-)
Val
SweetMare55 at Yahoo dot com

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail