[RC] Electrodes - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Tess Searcy morabs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Peggy, regarding your question about the other electrode that is placed under
the saddle, no problem there.  My pad is a Cloud Nine & the velcro that comes
on the back of the electrodes sticks to the pad.

The elextrode that goes on the girth also has velcro on it, looking for
something to stick to; but with out a strap of soft velcro or something fuzzy,
I was sure it would not stick to the neoprene.  I used the first strap that
came with the heart monitor, it wore out & I had to use something else.  But
this first strap seemed to irritate my Thoroughbred so I used the hand made
fuzzy strap, now this fuzzy strap seems to be irritating the other horse.  This
last ride there was a slight looked like a cut.  I had noticed dried skin there
after a ride, usually the horse doesn't act like he is sore, but this time
after the final vet check & everything he would look around at me when I
brushed there like "look, see that, right there".  So upon real close look
there was a mark.  Other times the hair just seems irritated, not laying flat,
he gives me that look again.  He is washed before the rides & I rinse like
crazy so I know he is clean, no flyspray nothing in that area.  This doesn't
happen when I don't use the strap, dirty horse or not.  Do you all think maybe
a wider strap would work???  I'd hate to glue the electrode to the girth, but
I'm thinking on it.

Thanks again for any advice.

Tess