Re: [RC] opinions - Truman Prevatt

And what about this "Proctor" guy that we were hearing about blowing the socks of the endurance world when in fact he has only done a few LD's, except in this phantom endurance circuit that no one except Ivers and Proctor know about?  Sounds to me like they are both legends in their own minds.

Truman

heidi wrote:

Truman Prevatt <tprevatt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>From what I remember when Ivers was on  this list the rancor could get pretty high in the discussions he was involved in. I would not necessarily categorize his approach as "science" unless you consider pseudo science and science as the same.  He seemed to require a different standard of "proof" for what he believed over what he didn't believe.  Where I come from that is called religion - not science.

Well, I can't say as I've seen any "religion" on his board, just facts with studies to back them up, no opinions, unless you have something to back them up too.

He was willingly even aggressively promoting the use of such things as cold light lasers (which I believe he sells so they bring in a profit) while calling chiropractis quackery, I think his derogatory term for it is "the laying on of hands."  When in fact there is most likely more eveidence to support chiropractis than cold light lasers.

Have never seen any "cold light lasers" on his website, so maybe you're thinking TENS or EMS units? Enough recovered bowed tendon owners out there that can give you some information on those. A few even on this board!

I would venture to say despite some of the hot button topics such as LD, drug policy, breeding, shoes vs. no shoes, etc., this list is much more civil today than it was druing the days Ivers was on it unless you were not in  agreement with him.

Those so called Hot Topics were exactly what I was referring to. Then you throw in the tall horses vs. short horses, CMK vs. non, mustangs/BLM, etc. Civil? I'd hardly call it that!!! Unless you're hitting the delete key, I'd say this board is as hot as ever. In fact, ask the regular persons who are regularily flamed for such the minorest of supposed offenses! And, since I do post/read Tom's board, I can say without a doubt, I haven't seen nary a flicker in the whole time I've subscribed. Flaming and getting kicked off for not following rules are two separate topics. As are comparing this board with Tom's. Two completely separate things. Here's a great example... someone posts on this board that they actually enjoy Tom and get a ton of information from him, have not been bashed on his board, no flaming is allowed and look what happens. It would be interesting to see if the people protesting Tom the loudest either A.unsubscribed to his board, B. were ever accepted to his board, or C. were kicked off his board!

To each their own I say! I'll enjoy both for what they are.... 2 complete and separate entities with little in common. But, if I have a torn suspensory, or bowed tendon, I'll ask Horsescience. If my tights are too baggy, my tent leaks or I need to know what breed to buy, I'll ask here!!!

Heidi Larson

Do you Yahoo!?

--
"It is necessary to be noble, and yet take humility as a basis

   "It is necessary to be noble, and yet take humility as a basis.

    It is necessary to be exalted, and yet take modesty as a foundation."