[RC] These Five Hours - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Opal Perry operry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

For These Five Hours
(More or less)

As Saturday morning comes I see a time ahead that brings life and joy to me.  I
am a NATRC rider with a partner in my horse that few outside of NATRC will ever
know.  We mount and all is at peace, there is no pain, no worry of the world,
just joy.  The wondrous adventure and new experiences that will await us, this
day, this weekend.  Each achievement, every step makes us stronger beings of
this world, smarter more alert.

Although we?ve taken many miles and moments together preparing for these
?events? there?s an exhilaration beyond the normal ride.  There?s something in
the joy of different terrains, the ?test? involved and the family of like folks
that surrounds us.  Yet we trot out alone or gallop together with a deep love
of life in our hearts, both horses and riders breathe deeply and grow larger
than life.

Each time there?s something learned, some good, some not so good, but fruitful
in their way.  Like it?s time to retire the old one who has taught us much, or
the young one has qualities beyond what was known yet to develop.  The old one
who?s joy in the trail masked her pain she so wanted to go and at last told us
it was time to not.  The young one who went forward without fear on her own
called back with love that she was ready and would carry on.

Then to the great vistas and peaceful meadows, the forests of life and the
amazing skies.  Those so blue and those full of thunder and thru all you go on.
Learning and loving the moment to stop and drink or graze.  To run just for
fun.  To communicate without words and beyond words with everything around you
and inside.

Then there?s the test, are you together, where do you need to be better.  The
observations, the condition and soundness, where is the work to be done.  What
is there to be a better team to move on to more joy, to grow and be more alive
with achievements almost beyond belief?  Oh and the things that no one sees,
what amazement there is in the horse the partner on this five hours (more or
less) that passes each day of ?the ride?.

I am a NATRC rider and my partner is my horse, we are a team and few outside of
NATRC will ever know this joy.

{Author Unknown}