Re: [RC] Question re insulated metal roofs on barns - Ed & Wendy Hauser

We had a metal roofed barn/hay storage shed in WI.  The roof was not insulated at all.  It did get hot in summer, but if open on the side as a run-in no big deal.  The people door was on the side, not the gable end.  The snow did tend to slide off and get you.  That is better than having the horse door on the side.  I know of a horse that got injured in MN when the pile of snow from the run in shed got high enough that he hit his head on the roof.

I insulated my shop here with spray on urethane under the metal roof.  It works great, but is a bit spendy.

Ed
Ed & Wendy Hauser
2994 Mittower Road
Victor, MT 59875