Equine Junior. Many feed stores have grain & pelleted
feeds formulated for youngsters for your area and
include all the need vitamins, minerals and amino
acids needed. You can ask your vetreniarian on which
product he/she would recomend.

Depends on the breed.  I had QHs and Paints as the primary breeds in my
practice for years, and as they tended to grow so much faster than my
Arabs, they could utilize a certain amount of "Junior" feeds.  Still, the
#1 nutritional problem that I saw in my practice was feeding too much of
it and not enough forage.  As Chris said about her own program, there was
a time when I used to feed such stuff, too--and I've quit entirely with
concentrates for my Arab foals.  I've got 7 big, stout healthy ones out
there right now, on pasture, with the only supplementation being a wedge
of alfalfa once a day that they share with their moms (since our pasture
gets a tad wimpy this time of year) and a free-choice mineral mix that has
added selenium, since we are short on that here.  I don't have problems
with epiphysitis, and the babies look great.

FWIW, the WORST case of epiphysitis I EVER had in my own herd was an
orphan foal--I couldn't figure out why he was having a problem, and the
little neighbor girl finally told me that my feeding lady had gone out and
bought a "Junior" feed and was feeding it behind my back.  I practically
had to threaten to break her fingers if she ever did such a thing again,
and once he got off the stuff, he came around and started to grow much
more normally.

Heidi