[RC] [RC] cracked heel bulbs? - Karen

 My
stallion is having a problem with his heel bulbs cracking and gettiing
really sore.  I'm not positive if he is overreaching some ( I don't
hear his shoes clicking together much) or just having dried out bulbs and
getting them hit on rocks and such that's making them in such bad
condition.  He is in irrigated pasture, and I know that this
probably really contributed to the problem but that's the best place I
have for him to be right now.  Has anyone else had this problem, and
any suggestions?  Lisa
Hi Lisa:  I never saw anybody answer this......for my horses not in pasture I put Corona ointment on them a couple of times a week.  It works great and takes care of the cracking and dryness.  To start with you can put it on every other day for a week and that should help.  A large tub of the stuff will last for years.  Karen in NV