Sent: 9/9/04 8:57:26 AM
Subject: [RC] Helicopter news and advice

Hi ridecampers;  Well. I happen to know that if you take a luxurious helicopter ride in Maui, its $206 per adult. We took a Helicopter ride and dinner for two in Burbank, even saw the Hollywood sign, and that was about $300. To fly in a helicopter from Las Vegas to the gorgeous Grand Canyon, including overnight accomodations, would be $498.   But if you go to the Swanton Pacific, and send your daughter  Laura on a few minutes ride ( 12 helicopter miles) to Stanford University hospital...that ride is gonna cost you $5,912. 89.   Because you get two nurses, who pocket most of that money. Wink. If you skipped the oxygen, it would save you $62.  Of course it is cheaper than a funeral, so I mustn't whine.  Sorry, I'm...shocked.
   So here is my advice. If anyone ever goes to ride the Tevis, do not hesitate to buy the helicopter insurance for your family, hell, buy it for your crew. In fact....I would say, if you were planning on riding any rides in the vicinity of the Tevis, anywhere on the Western states trail...I'd just go ahead and buy the policy for the year.  They even sell t-shirts. I'd get one of those too. They should send me one for free. Maybe if I call the life flight, they will send me a t-shirt. I could wear it to rides for good luck. I will focus on that.  What an irony, last month I had Tevis helicopter insurance, and this month I didn't.  Its okay, I have  Health insurance. ha ha. It will now be, the battle of the Titans. Insurance v.s. helicopter co. With me in the middle. How long can they hold out on squeaking out a few morsels of payments, before my credit is destroyed?  I can smell trouble brewing, and its gonna be at the hands of the insurance co.   Its okay, a few 16 hour shifts , and if I work on Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years day, in addition to Labor day, I can put a dent in it.
   Thank God they didn't helicopter my horse. Who knows how much that costs?? Bring a gun would maybe be a better idea. Sorry to offend, but there goes the children's college fund.
    Next year I will be standing a gorgeous athletic Al Marah bred Crabbet colt at stud. His mother went to Tevis, was stopped by an impaling stick. Her ride heart rates were in the 30's. Big Heart. His dad was accepted as a Trakhener. The first Arab stallion in the US to do so. The first Arab, was a mare, who won the Tevis, and was also Al Marah bred.  Stay tuned for info on this colt, cause he has to help pay for his oats! Not to mention our dream of the wonderful endurance babies he will produce.
     Buy Helicopter insurance.

Beth ( who is off to call about my free T shirt, included with the H.C., since I didn't even get a Swanton T-shirt)  and Laura (mom said she wanted me to go to Stanford......)

Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! Download today - it's FREE! =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= Ridecamp is a service of Endurance Net, http://www.endurance.net. Information, Policy, Disclaimer: http://www.endurance.net/Ridecamp Subscribe/Unsubscribe http://www.endurance.net/ridecamp/logon.asp Ride Long and Ride Safe!! =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=