Re: [RC] buying on a budget - SandyDSA

This is a true statement - and my point exactly. Mustangs are in the main not for those with limited experience, both for the sake of the horse and anyone else who has to do with the horse. Even some horse people with years of "experience" are unsuitable for these horses, since they DO require long term patience, common sense, and a wwillingess to waylay one's own gratification:). In the end, training an untrained horse is no event but a process. For a horse whose life has gone from total self reliance and freedom to subservience, the challenges are more numerous and very different. I still would not recommend a mustang to a newbie - while there may be a handful of very competent exceptions,  - they are the exceptions.

Like any horse, mustangs are not for everyone