RE: [RC] [RC] update on hurricane/tropical storm frances - Laurie Durgin

You faired better than us in Dallas, Ga. We lost power at midnight and didn't get it back till, 3 pm today. Got our little generator going to get our well and refridgerator and a few lights going. Heard the transformer blow at the neighbors. Horses are standing in the barn and I went out and grabbed the rest of the roundbale before it got soaked and put it in the barn. They won't step a foot out",Heck, mom, there are trees coming down. Had to take 3 fallen trees/limbs off my crossfence. And lots of 1-2 footer with leaves everywhere. The pines were bending in half last night. I'd sayd we had at least 50mph gusts, don't care what they show in Tv, but we live on a ridge in the county too....
Hope all is well for the florida folks..have an uncle in St. Lucie, don't know how he is doing yet.

From: Ed Kilpatrick <whytrotfarms@xxxxxxxxx>
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC]   update on hurricane/tropical storm frances
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 06:44:05 -0700 (PDT)

i am in the panhandle part of florida. if you look on the map and see where florida, georgia, and alabama come together, that is where i live. TS frances passed by about 30-35 miles to the east of us yesterday. we were on the "good side" of it. we had quite a bit of rain, a lot of wind, but no serious damage. we were without electricity for only a short time (3 hours) yesterday morning.

many of my friends and relatives in central and southern florida fared far worse. this was a very large, very destructive hurricane. the amount of rainfall was incredible in some places.

it will, of course, take some time to get things up and running farther down the state. meanwhile, our eyes are on ivan! ed