Re: [RC] [RC] Buying on a budget - Lif Strand

At 09:20 PM 9/5/2004, Jena Williams wrote:
Where I stand my ground is the idea that a "budget" horse can't get the job done. Given the time, training, and preparation a grade horse can be competetive in many amateur sports.

I believe I can say I speak for Heidi, as well as myself and a few others who have posted on this subject, when I say that the *price* is not the issue. The issue is *who the horse is*! It's knowing of history/origins of the horse that is what the issue is, and making the best choice possible knowing that information, working with the budget available.

________________________________ Lif Strand fasterhorses.com Quemado NM USA High Country Rider: An endurance rider's journal www.fasterhorses.com/highcountryrider/