Re: [RC] blanket questions - Stephanie E Caldwell

Nancy,

I've blanketed my horse the one time she went camping
and when she tore her tendon this winter. I have a
heavy weight turnout blanket, waterproof sheet,
polypropelene cooler/insulater, terry cloth cooler,
and a cotton sheet. I bought my waterproof sheet from
Libertyville saddle shop, it's seamless and has lycra
in it. I really like it, it stays in place over all
her assorted layers and it moves with her. I bought it
an inch or so large so that it would fit over a few
insulaters since I was planning on taking her to the
mountains of West Virginia with me.

I really like the ThermoMaster blanket, it's super,
really is waterproof and doesn't rub. After she tore
her tendon she lived in that sheet. By day she wore it
alone, at night it was the top of two - four layers
depending on the temperature. WHen she got hurt it was
the coldest time, we had 10" of snow on the ground
(unheard of in this area) and she was in enough
pain/on enough drugs, she literally lay down everytime
I wasn't in her stall.

Steph

--- Nancy Reed <nancy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Lyric needs a waterproof blanket for the winter
rides.  I really do not
know anything about blankets.  I do have a stable
blanket that fits.
Should I just get a waterproof top sheet to cover
the stable blanket I
have?  Or should I buy a turn out blanket with some
fiberfill? I am in
the PS region and will only use the blanket for
rides as we rarely need
one at home.  Thank you for your help.
Nancy Reed, Lazy J Ranch, Elfin Forest, California

http://promotions.yahoo.com/goldrush