[RC] buying prospects...or endurance on a budget - Tracey Smith

Jenna:

I am right there with you...no fancy rig for me.  I have a 1990 F350 dually and just a plain WW two horse bp trailer.   Has served us well all season doing CTR and I will be hauling it again next year.

 As for accomodations...it's tenting it for me unless I haul to a ride by myself and I have actually stayed inside the trailer after removing the divider and tarping off the open end. Has worked well, even during some wild Texas Thunderstorms earlier this year.
 I have a coleman procat tent heater for when it's cold and when it's hot I just deal with it!

Like you, I got into distance riding because I did not want to have to spend tons of money on show clothes and tack with silver and glitter!  Nothing against those that do...it's just not for me.  I have no problem shelling out for quality well fitting tack for my horse that will "go the distance" on the trail.

While they are not registered or of famous breeding, my horses are healthy, happy and sound and ENJOY their job and I think that is the essence of what this sport is supposed to be about.  We aren't in it to win rides, or fancy prizes...just to complete and have a good time.

Though new to endurance, I have found CTR folk to be very friendly and helpful regardless of whether they have a fancy LQ rig or are "tenting it" like me and hope to find the same from endurance folks.

Am hoping to have a much better year next year financially as hubby and I do want to save my bonus money towards getting an LQ trailer as he's finally starting to come to rides with me (with out arm twisting..woo hoo).  Sales have been rocky this year, so bonus money has been non-existent.

Until then...I will be in my old truck and modest trailer and tent...and just happy to be blessed with two wonderful mares who enjoy me as much as I enjoy them.

Sounds like you've done some great work with your rescue horse and I bet you two will be great partners for many years to come.

Tracey
Lead, Follow, or get out of the way!!!  Happy Trails!!!