Re: [RC] political issues with placing? - Kristen A Fisher

Hello all RideCamp,  I have yet to enter a ride, but I
was in e-mail communication with a woman who lives
near me--thought she might be interested in training
rides.  She had only ridden 2 LD rides, but she said
that there were politics involved and that disapointed
her.  She stated that at one ride she was 10th, so in
consideration for BC, another rider complained about
something unrelated to her and she bot bumped to 11,
then she came in first place but later saw someone
else's name as first place, everyone else as a
finisher. She stated that it matters whom you know,
and that times can always be changed.

Boy howdy, what rides has SHE been to?

Some regions don't give placings at all on LDs (but if that is the case,
everyone is in the same boat).  But nope, your time is what it is.

The only other thing I can even IMAGINE going on here is if she doesn't
understand that the time on LDs doesn't stop until the pulse meets
criteria??  If she doesn't grasp that concept, I can envision a scenario
where she is first across the line but someone else pulsed down ahead of
her.

Otherwise, if that happened anywhere I've ever ridden, there would be a
great hue and cry, and a protest.  And quite frankly, I've never seen or
heard of such a thing happening anyway....

Heidi

I think it could also happen if the rider card in times did not mesh with
the timer times, and they had to determine where the error was. I have had
errors on times on my cards occasionally but as they didn't affect the
outcome I didn't bring up the discrepancy. But it could happen too - an
honest mistake, not politics!

Kristen