From: Lynne Glazer <anyone@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Jena Williams" <equus_blue@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [RC]   Why by from the killers?
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 21:38:47 -0700

I've done both. I much prefer knowing the parasite control, dental work and farrier work has been properly done throughout the horse's life. I got a gelding at 23 that was properly cared for, and he lived till 33.

The horse from the killers had damage from being roped and tripped by the charros, among other mistreatment. She managed to get to the 50 mile level but had to go back to 25s because of the past damage. She won a best condition award at 22. She is 24 now.

Hard to fit horses are no bargain! Good luck with your latest saddle! I'm a little intrigued that you're "done with paneled saddles" (assuming you mean flexible paneled saddles.) Which ones did you try?

L.