[RC] My-T-Defiant, Arab mare - sherman

I hope this horse wasn't named for her attitude. After meeting the horse, AKA Breezy, & handling her a bit, then saddling up & test riding, I brought this horse home for my neighbor to try out. Breezy was very good when I rode her at the stable where I picked her up from, here at my place yesterday, and today when we rode about a mile down the trail with another horse. Then a 3rd horse joined us & this mare, she's 14, got a little hyper, that's okay, I can handle that, but then for no reason, (I wasn't pulling, cueing or anything, just staying calm & relaxed giving her time to settle down) she reared pretty darn high. This was the one thing I did not want to deal with in a horse, and was told that she was not a rearer. So, I' think I'll give her more time & take it a bit slower to see if we can make some progress.

In the meantime, however, I'd like to know if anyone has had any experience with this mare or horses of same/similar ancestry. She was bred in Auburn, and I think has spent her entire life in Nevada County, and had much $$$ spent on her training, not that $$$ always guarantees a well trained/behaved horse. Her sire is El Sha-Beau and her dam is Free Flight. She's a pretty bay, very stout, 14.3/15H, friendly & affectionate. The "rear" was quite a surprise. You can email me privately or on Ridecamp.
Thanks,
Kathy
Grass Valley, CA