[RC] OCD Question for Vets/Others - Windstarfarms

I have a 6 year old rescue gelding who's "perfect" in all respects for endurance - a tremendous athlete, gorgeous - would make an oustanding dressage horse as well - However, at age 4 we discovered OCD in his right front fetlock. I immediately opted for surgery.  He's been sound for two years and 3 sets of xrays show "clean".  The surgeon says no problem with endurance; my regular vet (not a leg man) urges caution and suggests he would be better suited for dressage.  I have a ton of money (and emotions) invested in this horse - he feels like a soulmate but I have endurance goals and want to pursue the right path with this special horse.

I need help sorting out whether to cut my losses and sell him to a dressage home or hang in there and try him slowly on the trails and see if he holds up.  There is so much conflicting information on OCD I would appreciate some input.  Thanks!  Lynn