[RC] saddle sore help!!! - Agilbxr

About 4-5 months ago I bought a new pad.  It was a toklat, with the rubbery
stuff on it that is supposed to keep it from slipping.  Well, it had a web
strip sewn over the seam that rubbed a raw spot right on top of Alpine's spine,
just behind where my rear end sits the majority of it's weight.  I gave him a
couple weeks saddleless to let it heal, then went with my english saddle for
awhile because it doesn't sit right on his spine.  The hair grew back in white,
and the skin right there was still slightly thickened.  When he wasn't showing
any more reaction to it, I went back to my Abeta saddle, with a fleecy pad
(which is what I was riding in before the first new pad).  All was fine with 2
hour rides, and I then I did my first long ride of the season...4 hours, fairly
slow.  The spot swelled right up, almost half an inch above normal skin level,
and is squishy to the touch, and of course, sore.

So, what do I do.  My farrier suggested cutting a hole in my saddle pad, which
I tried (with the old one that didn't bother him....), but that didn't seem to
help.  It definatly irritated the area.  So...am I back to bareback for awhile?
I put DMSO on it tonight, and will go back to my english saddle, but how do
you get these things to heal, preferably without having to take six months off.

Help!

Thanks in advance!
Juli and Alpine (ouch....)
buç??¬jÇ«¾'¡ñ'vêÚ?Ç?zØm¶?ÿÃ?Û«jw?ëH?ú+?«b¢sè?'2+?¨¦z¸m¶?ÿÃ
?Û«jw?ëF'^q©©Jæìr¸?{õ'²æìr¸?zm§ÿðçvêÚ?ǧzßë?×?jj??(?«)F'^.?àjwQ?×?i÷