[RC] Losing the same shoe - beth glover

Karen; Thanks for the thoughts.   I have noticed the last few months, that this mare has become very strong on the right diagonal. When she transitions into a trot, she pops me onto the right lead/diagonal at the trot. That is the front shoe that she pulls off, its the right.  I ride her dressage at least once a week. Before and after big long rides, I do a bit more arena work to stretch and bend her and I am very careful to devote equal time to both sides, sometimes I even go by the clock.  I do not know if she travels crooked in the behind, nobody has ever observed that for me. Perhaps my dressage trainer ( with whom I train on my younger mare) could take a look at that particular issue.   When I was at Swanton, I knew that the easy boot fit her, but I was very cautious because I had never ridden her with it at a ride. I walked a way to see if she would freak out, then we jogged and finally it didn't seem to bother her any, so we went to a nice road trot.  I think by mile 25 it was hurting her though, she also had a little cut by her coronet band, maybe from the boot rub or a stick or something.  We had to pull for my daughter anyway, so actually she was never examined by the vet, because I just bailed out from the ride to go to the hospital.  On previous rides, she pulled that shoe when climbing the steepest hills and roller coasters at Sunland, and she got a new shoe at the vet check. At Bar H boogie, she pulled the same shoe around the time when she spooked at monkeys and then we were in a deep farm field and the shoe was lost at a walk. This time is was a slip on the pavement and then an overreach and pull, while trotting.  In 11 years of CTR and 5 years of occasional endurance, I've never had these issues with a horse, so my ears are wide open. Its kind of like when you remodel a house, and suddenly you start to look at what kind of roofs people have, what kind of front door, those things pop out at you when you are really paying attention to them.  So now I must research Ground control shoes.    Oh, and if it makes any difference...I have noticed the last 4 months or so, and saw it in my Tevis photo, that she is much more muscular in the shoulders I think, because she keeps pushing my saddle back. I have a good breast collar, and ride the same, but even on flats, notice that the saddle keeps moving itself back. Very strange things happen when you ride for lengths of time.

Thanks all, Beth

Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! Download today - it's FREE! =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= Ridecamp is a service of Endurance Net, http://www.endurance.net. Information, Policy, Disclaimer: http://www.endurance.net/Ridecamp Subscribe/Unsubscribe http://www.endurance.net/ridecamp/logon.asp Ride Long and Ride Safe!! =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=