[RC] Horses!!! stop with the height - Liz Masters

Just thought I'd put my .02 in about height. Even though I have no where near the experience of most of the people on this list.
I started riding in LD'S a couple of years ago on my wonderful 13.2 hand, 1000 lb. BLM Mustang. (Who did do all 4 LD'S at Death Valley Last Year carrying 185 lbs. in me and tack)
I have a 5 yr old named Belesemo Tango. I bought him as a yearling from Belesemo Arabians. I sticked him the other day and he stands 15.2 and I know he's still growing. He has the CMK build, which includes a 1 1/2 size foot, short cannons and a deep heart girth. He is totally proportionate to his height. If I'd known when I bought him he was going to get this big I probably wouldn't have bought him but now he's my favorite horse. He did both LD'S at Los Padres this year and on the 2nd day I loped him in the last mile and half hoped off of him at the finish. He drank and I was approached probably 2-3 minutes latter for a P&R and he was already at 60. So, he is SO comfortable to ride, has a GREAT mind, and his recoveries have been excellent and he can eat his own weight in food in a day (OK it's an exaggeration but then again I just look at his gut) I'll keep him even though I have to find a rock to stand on to get on him some times.

I love my little horses, but it was quite an adjustment to go from 13.2 to 15.2. BUT Tango's half brother Belesemo Disco is at the other end of the spectrum, he stands 14 hands even and will probably mature to about 14.3. I don't personally care about height, I have a 16.3 hand Akhal-Teke at home and you do feel a little light headed but he is so agile you have to be careful and hang on when you ride him. But when I'm out clearing trail and working around the property my 13.2 hand mustang is the GREATEST because there is no stretch to get on him. And when you drop stuff, like tools, getting on and off him is easy!

Liz Masters and Belesemo Tango (I'm NOT Fat, I'm BIG Boned!)