Re: [RC] blind horses - Linda Hedgpeth

Run a chainsaw while mounted!!   I would agree, he is unflappable.

Linda

Cueing him was to a large extent a matter of conforming one's own body
subtly to what was coming up.  It wasn't a "thinking" sort of system--it
was something that just reflexly evolved over time as his eyesight became
poorer.  I never realized the extent to which we had built up such a
communication until I began riding sighted horses again--I almost drove
them nuts!  <g>

The fact that it didn't freak him out really underscored the degree to
which he trusts us...  He had never been hurt doing something he was asked
to do, so he had no reason to think it would be otherwise when he couldn't
see.  (This is also the same horse on which we could pack wild game, run a
chainsaw while mounted, trot down the trail pulling ribbons with flopping
garbage bags hanging down his shoulders, etc.  Very unflappable boy!)

Heidi