[RC] EPM Info. - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Lesley Paleczny Riverdanceeq@xxxxxxxxxxxx or
ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm not sure how to send messages to Ride Camp but I have subscribed for a
while and enjoy all the subjects and chats.  Most recently,  the EPM messages
have caught my attention.
I am currently boarding a horse that has flipped over backwards a number of
times in the last year.   She has also choked and had to be treated by the vet
twice as it was so serious.   It first happened a week after he bought her last
year.   He thought it was his fault and had a trainer ride her and it happened
again.   He did'nt ride her for 6 months and then bought her to us for some
ground training and we worked her for about 5 weeks and then rode her and she
was wonderful.   The owner took her for approx. 8 trail rides after that and
had no problems.   The next time he rode her,  she flipped over on him and was
struggling to get up as he was struggling to get away.  She got up and promptly
flipped over on him again.   I've seen her spook and fall flat or flip over
backwards in the field.   He's agreed not to ride her again,  obviously can't
sell her and wonders what on earth to do and why she is doing this.   The
RideCamp posts make me wonder if she has or has been exposed to EPM in some
way.   Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.