[RC] Help....attack of the scratches - Jody Rogers-Buttram

Ok RideCamp,

  I have a horse, Rose, 1/2 arab and 1/2 paint.  That has only ONE sock.  She is the master however of getting scratches on all four feet.  She is so good at it, she can develop a case during the ride.  For goodness sake, she will have them when the ride is over, and have started out clean and clear.    So, here is the deal.  She has brown skin, not black like purebreds.  I have tried it all, Destin, clipping the hair, washing with medicated soap, etc, etc.  Now, it can be "managed" for 100's or for 2-days, but I am a little concerned about the 3-day coming up at Talladega.  So, if someone out there in RideCamp land has any great ideas, hey, I am open to try'em.

Jody and Rose ( the Queen of Scratches)

Do you Yahoo!?