Re: [RC] Electronic Communication on Trail? - Magnumsmom

Truman wrote:
> "
You really want to get into DQ'ing people based on this"

It does sound like that in my last email.  Actually, I'd rather
just have a ruling from one or more of our committees, and
/ or the BOD.

Thing is, they are volunteers and over worked so the ruling,
if it's important, may not come until it's an "issue".  The
scenario outlined would work to clarify the discussion.  Yes,
I do think that electronic communication out on the trail
between a rider and their crew can fall under "Prompting".
I also think that if there was an emergency situation where
electronic communication between rider and crew was used,
a completion would be the least of their worries.

The sport is between the rider, the horse, and the trail.
Besides, Angie's got it right on.

:) - Kathy Myers
in Santa Fe, NM
AERC #14992