Re: [RC] Electronic Communication on Trail? - Truman Prevatt

The problem with this gets back to a he say/ she say scenario where it would most likely be one person's word against another. First who do you believe. Second how are you going to get any physical evidence to collaborate the complaint? You really want to get into DQ'ing people based on this - that's a Pandora's Box I sure don't want to open.

The only way you can strictly enforce such a rule is to prohibit any electronic communications devices on the trail.

I don't know about anyone else but I'm pretty uncomforable with an orgaization that tries to turn the members into a bunch of  stoolies. If the rule is important enough for the AERC BOD to pass it is important enough for the AERC BOD to also develop a mechanism to enforce it at the time of passage other that requireing the membership to become stool pigeons.

Truman

Magnumsmom@xxxxxxx wrote:
Kristen wrote:
> If Maggie has seen this happen, then I guess it's not that clear of a rule.

Actually, in a self-policing sport, if Maggie has seen this happen she
should have reported it to Ride Management... for a DQ.  If Maggie
WAS the ride manager, then she should have enforced a DQ.  If it
was reported to RM and nothing was done, then a protest can be
filed.  If the rider is DQ'd and doesn't agree, they can then protest
the DQ.  That's the procedures.  That's how we are going to find out
if Radio communication is OK within the AERC (us) or not.   If a
DQ for radio communication is upheld then it will be up to RM and
other riders to report violations of Rule 6, subsection k... and
thus enforce the ruling.

Kathy Myers
in Santa Fe, NM

--
"It is necessary to be noble, and yet take humility as a basis

   "It is necessary to be noble, and yet take humility as a basis.

    It is necessary to be exalted, and yet take modesty as a foundation."