Re: [RC] Electronic Communication on Trail? - Magnumsmom

Kristen wrote:
> If Maggie has seen this happen, then I guess it's not that clear of a rule.

Actually, in a self-policing sport, if Maggie has seen this happen she
should have reported it to Ride Management... for a DQ.  If Maggie
WAS the ride manager, then she should have enforced a DQ.  If it
was reported to RM and nothing was done, then a protest can be
filed.  If the rider is DQ'd and doesn't agree, they can then protest
the DQ.  That's the procedures.  That's how we are going to find out
if Radio communication is OK within the AERC (us) or not.   If a
DQ for radio communication is upheld then it will be up to RM and
other riders to report violations of Rule 6, subsection k... and
thus enforce the ruling.

Kathy Myers
in Santa Fe, NM