Re: [RC] Cellphones on trail/ Prompting - Truman Prevatt

BTW the next generation of cell phone will have a built in GPS that automatically transmits the location when 911 is called so emergency responders can repond. Some now have it. It won't be long till they give you GPS and cell service on the same unit. I think some of the PDA/cell phone combinations no have that.

Truman

Libby & Quentin Llop DVM wrote:
 Prompting is a term that come to us from Standardbred racing and has
nothing to do with electronic devices. When a Standardbred is being run by
himself to try to set a track record or obtain a fast time for whatever
reason, another horse, usually a Thoroughbred called a prompter, is galloped
alongside to encourage a best effort.
  I have a set of the radio GPSs and worried about this thread until I
remembered that I don't have a crew.   Libby

--
"It is necessary to be noble, and yet take humility as a basis

   "It is necessary to be noble, and yet take humility as a basis.

    It is necessary to be exalted, and yet take modesty as a foundation."