Re: [RC] Rider Cards - Kristen A Fisher

When I was preparing my talk for the National Convention I had a poll
where I asked riders a lot of pretty random questions. One was "do you
keep your rider cards"?  Practically 100% answered "Yes". When I asked
what they did with it most said, "Put it in a drawer, or file". I
suggested at the time that places like Sport Tack would do well to offer
free rider cards to a ride manager if they put their ad at the top. You'd
always know where to go find their phone number or website.

I file mine, with the ride rules, the maps, and a print out of the results
when they are posted on line. I do not want an advertisement on my rider
card. There is too much otehr info that NEEDS to be on it IMO, and it would
annoy me greatly to be subject to that advertising when it is not THAT great
of a financial contribution to the ride [say $200 for a 100 horse ride?]

I use my rider card to go back and see what my recovery times were. If my
horse is off at a ride I'll go back and look at past cards to see if the
vet thought he saw something on that leg at a previous ride. I also like
to figure my mph on different loops to see if I'm pacing evenly. I do

Ditto, and also about teh condition of teh cards. That;s why I think AERC
can take a card from a pulled horse, copy it, and send me my original. They
really don't want to file the tatters of an original card, right? And they
have my contact info!

Kristen