Re: [RC] Rider Cards - Truman Prevatt

But again when you are riding in a storm that dumps three inches of rain over the course of the ride - all bets are off. And in the East that can happen on a regular basis - for example the entire 1994 seasons when I didn't ride in one dry ride. I sure can't support "mother AERC" putting additional mandates on rides and ride managers - unless they are willing to allocate the funds to support the mandate.

Truman

Jonni Jewell wrote:
Many rider cards have been wrung through the mill and are almost

unreadable. In the East when you have the pleasure to ride in a pouring
rain, you might end up with a new card because the other is falling apart.
<<<

Tevis printed the rider cards, and the check point list / card, on that rip
stop type paper. It holds up very well to the abuse we put cards through. I
thought it was a cool idea.

I thought AERC was trying to implement that rider cards were going to have
to be in THREE parts, so that different copies, would go into different
files. One to AERC, one to the rider, and maybe one for the ride management
to hold. Not sure. BUT, that will create more expense, and most riders can't
keep a single card in good shape through a ride. Imagine us carrying a 3
part, and having it survive. Many ride managers are against this proposal of
a 3 part card.

Jonni

PS, we won't even talk about the rides that don't use rider cards...........